There are five dysfunctions that will sabotage all community efforts.
- Absence of Trust
- Fear of Conflict
- Lack of Commitment
- Avoidance of Accountability
- Inattention to Results
If you want to achieve community, you have to ask yourself these five questions:
- The Readiness Question
- Are We Prepared for Relationships?
- The Connection Question
- Are We Willing to Focus on Others?
- The Trust Question
- Can We Build Mutual Trust?
- The Investment Question
- Are We Willing to Invest in Others?
- The Synergy Question
- Can We Create Win-Win Relationships?
Last, but not least, please allow me one more story. A story that describes true community.